Thursday 19 December 2013

Credibility Matters!!!


 The little stuffs we feel doesn't count!!! Everyday thousands of people destroy their integrity with the most insignificant issues, how sad! lets take my case scenario.....
The other day, i got a call from an unknown number, the person at the other end of the line was super annoying, but something kept me from ending the call, probably i didn't want to come across as being rude! He was a stranger, i thought," be Nice". All this while, my Big bro was calling. finally the annoying call ended....oh thank goodness! Okay... so brother of life called back, being the inquisitive brother that he was, he started off with, "who's been calling you", "what were you guys discussing that was taking forever", blablabla..... "why should i discuss my private calls/discussion with you', i asked and his reply was "cos am your BIG Bro" with emphasis o. "Not good enough", i said to myself(fear nor lemme tell am that one o), so i told him some interesting story...Smart, you'd say, right? Wrong move. It turned out my strange caller was my darling brother....yeah yeah, you can laugh..... His next words to me, i dont think i would forget in a hurry "chai, so you can lie like this, if na person tell me, i for no believe am at all". There, my credibility shattered. i tried to explain why i had to and he said the most i could have done is not tell him about it. Thinking about it now, i realise he was right. I could have just said, "hey am not telling you about it, period". He would only go angry for a little while. I dont know if he would be able to trust/believe me next time, i sincerely pray he does.
So what am i trying to say? we should make conscious effort to uphold our integrity. You never know how far it would go for you. So next time you are in that position and you feel its too insignificant a thing to say, trust me, the most you can say is am not telling you, the person deserves that much truth.

"I am different from [George] Washington; I have a higher, grander standard of principle. Washington could not lie. I can lie, but I won't."— Mark Twain

Okay enough of my integrity talk already.......my stomach calls out.... i need to feed meeeeeeeeee......... until next time, let us all stay CREDIBLE....

6 comments:

  1. So true Boss, integrity is something that has won a lot of persons plenty.Integrity is what God wants, integrity is the spice of business, integrity strEngthens reLationships, you can go on and on......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Boss.....I agree with you 100%. Thnks for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. Ooh how long is your hair now? I keep trying to do the challenge but I cant keep it up :P
    MyStyleDiary
    AcneStudiosGIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darl. Its still in the TWA stage though, I did notice the one inch growth. You should try it, it works...thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. true! But we as humans should try and understand dat there are couple of times, one cannot really say what's is one's mind cos they are quits difficult to explain, and also trying to avoid the other persons reaction. And as per trust, first impression matters a lot, but we shouldn't always conclude with it. We should still give room for a second chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you....understanding and second chances are great. But why go through the trouble of pleading for a second chance wen you could have done it right. Remember this always...."say the truth and you don't need to rememer anything".... Thanks for ur contribution

    ReplyDelete