Monday 30 September 2013

The most beautiful discovery true friends make.

"The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart"  
Elbert Hubbard said “A friend is one who knows you and loves you all the same”
  When we were kids, She was very “THIN” (sometimes one get’s scared she might break into separate piece). Her dark skin is what stands her out as a real African woman (her pride). A stroke of the Cane was her worst enemy; the thought of it makes her really sick. We were all kids who knew little or nothing about life, didn’t know what friendship was until ours was tested.
“My parents are coming to take me with them back to Port-Harcourt, I’d be living there”. She said casually one day knowing she’s been staying with granny since she was a toddler. Finally parents came and “MY FRIEND WAS GONE”. I didn’t cry but did felt her absence. I later heard she came, oh my…I practically toured the whole town looking for her, but never saw her (never told her this story, till when she will read this lol!). I went home disappointed and yet happy because I realized somewhere out there I have a friend I treasure and am willing to get back and tell how I treasure her. Sometime later, heard her mum was around, “what can I do?” as a child, I asked my mum anxiously… she said I should write. I did. I look back now and I laugh each time I remember the content of that letter. She replied and I was the happiest child when I got it. I told myself “its just about time” I will see her again.
  One day after secondary school days, I saw the aunt and she told me my friend’s mum came around but she’s gone back. I asked her for the mum’s number, she gave me and I called, it was during the Christmas period. “I want to speak to my friend”, I told the mum, your friend isn’t around, she has traveled for the holidays” she replied. I could guess the mum felt my excitement vanished at her reply. Moments after, I could pardon anyone’s offense due to great excitement as I scribbled her number down. I called and called and called but the service provider kept saying NOT REACHABLE. I still didn’t get to hear from her as I later realized I had missed a digit or two off her phone number). Finally in my 200l in the university, I was told her aunt was to wed, and I was in her train, I was happy. My happiness shot up like a rocket when I realized my friend would be around, I’m finally going to see her. Eve to the wedding, 19th of Dec, 2009, I went home for a lot of reasons with seeing her being the topmost. I got home, I couldn’t even wait to eat my food(my mama’s delicacy), I ran to my friend’s house, getting there, she wasn’t around. My heart was racing,” my friend where art thou”, I stood, I sat, I mumbled, I fumbled like a child, waiting impatiently for her. Finally she came, one would expect that I’d hug her, right? Never did that. Was just stealing glances at her. We talked like we never lost contact and the bombshell, she was in the same university as I was, and we never saw, I exclaimed. But then our school life routes are in opposite directions. 2009 till present, and we are still waxing stronger in friendship. She is my first friend, my clown, my sister.
   Blue is her favorite colour, sleeping, eating, and taking pictures her hobby. She talks a lot and I’ll always listen. She loves music (she’s got the most crooked voice ever…hahahaha). From Umuebu in Ukwuani local government of Delta state. A graduate of the University of Benin (did I mention, she is a scholar). One girl who believes in her self, and with a unique slogan “nor be by say the weave-on, shirt/top, or shoe fine, na by WHO wear am”. YEA as her commonly used word. In all these, I love her. GIFT NDUDI OYOME, if you are reading this right now, I want to say “ I treasure you”
                                                                                                                        “Ndudi nwa Jerry”.
Pics after the cut........
Myself n Ndudi






aAnd that is the story that changed my view on the "ship" called friendship.

“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”


As one statement can change a life, so can one story. Send us your friendship story, their photograph, and contacts for publication and shout out. Send to……. inspireoma@gmail.com.

5 comments:

  1. Na wa, diz one pass frndshp o. U sure say nor be obsession?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww....I actually had tear drops on my eyes While I read every line of dis piece.Tanx so much dearie I rilly appereciate d fact dat u treasure our friendship as much as I do. May God bless us both even as our children and grandchildren live 2 admire Us. Love u to d moon and back my first and best friend. Ur actually a sister to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ifeoma the blogger . I hail u #abies#

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emosions in the air, but wait o! no wonder I don dey complain say this thing no dey reach me nau, So na person wey I know dey follow me share ,someone should park well o.Nice one gals, May God preserve this relationship

    ReplyDelete